This is an analysis of the poem The Finger Post that begins with:
Across the field, beyond the church.
You see the sign post stand....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcXededfgfghihijejhdbdbdkdklmlmknkn
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 110111 101011111 010011 11011101 110101 11110101 1111100 11000111 011111 01011111 010100 11011011 110101 111100101 110101 110111110 1100111 1100101010 0101001 11110110 0101110 10010101 11110010 11111111 110101 11100101 111110 11111101 111101 11010111 101111 11011111 1101110 110111001 1111010 11111111 110111 01000101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1318
- Average number of words per stanza: 240
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, him are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Finger Post;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.