This is an analysis of the poem Nu Vaarens Blikke Venligt Smile that begins with:
Nu Vaarens Blikke venligt smile;
Men i dit Øies milde Blaae...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX aXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101 111111 111111 1111011 11011011 0111101 1001011 111111 1111101 1111101 1101111 111101 1111111 11111111 1101111 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word jeg is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nu Vaarens Blikke Venligt Smile;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Christian Winther
- Analysis of Naar Bølgen Langsomt Vugger
- Analysis of Naar Dagen Er Bortgangen
- Analysis of Naar Dine Bedste Tanker Følge