This is an analysis of the poem Naar Dine Bedste Tanker Følge that begins with:
Naar dine bedste Tanker følge
Med Kirke-Hymnens Himmel-Gang;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 1110101 111111 01011101 1011101 11110111 11010101 1111101 11111110 111111111 111111111 1101011 1111101 11010111 11011100 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 515
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Naar Dine Bedste Tanker Følge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Christian Winther
- Analysis of Naar Dybt I Nattens Lune Skjød
- Analysis of Naar Fødselsstjernen Tindrer Ned
- Analysis of Naar Jeg Skal Døe, Jeg Mit Farvel