This is an analysis of the poem Naar Bølgen Langsomt Vugger that begins with:
Naar Bølgen langsomt vugger
Sig mod den grønne Strand;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXa XbXbcXcX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 11111 1101010 11111 110101 11100 011111 110111 110101 011101 11001 01111 110001 110111 1011 11111 111101 1011 11111 01011111 1111110 1111111 101110 111111 111110 111111 11110 111001 1011010 110111 1001010 100111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; mig, du are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Naar Bølgen Langsomt Vugger;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Christian Winther
- Analysis of Naar Dagen Er Bortgangen
- Analysis of Naar Dine Bedste Tanker Følge
- Analysis of Naar Dybt I Nattens Lune Skjød