This is an analysis of the poem Naar Dagen Er Bortgangen that begins with:
Naar Dagen er bortgangen
Og Natten falder paa,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXaXXXX XXXXXXXX XbXbXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100100 110101 110110 11001 11011111 110101 11101 11101 1101010 110111 1101101 111101 111110 1111101 11101 11101 11101 01101 0111 111001 11101 111100 1111111 101011 1000110 100011 111101 10111 1111111 11011 1101110 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 191
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; min is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words og, til, de are repeated.
The author used the same word naar at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word hjem at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Naar Dagen Er Bortgangen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Christian Winther
- Analysis of Naar Dine Bedste Tanker Følge
- Analysis of Naar Dybt I Nattens Lune Skjød
- Analysis of Naar Fødselsstjernen Tindrer Ned