This is an analysis of the poem The Mallee Fire that begins with:
I SUPPOSE it just depends on where you’re raised,
Once I met a cove as swore by green belar! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbb cdcdbb eXedff dXdXgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101011111 11101111110 110011111 1111101111 101000101011010 101001101011110 001010100101 11101011111 1010111111 11111010101 11110011011010 10100101010100010 110111110111 11000010011 10101011101 11111010001 1111111001101011 0111110001111 11001010111 10100011101 11111110111 1111111101 111110111111010 111111100011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1397
- Average number of words per stanza: 270
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, s, em, as, blow are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines em is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Mallee Fire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.