This is an analysis of the poem Bound For Sourabaya! that begins with:
OH, the moon shines bright, and we sail to-night,
And we’re bound for Sourabaya! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbCdXXC DBeB XXfCageC DBeB bXfCXgXc dBhhB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,8,4,8,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111101 10111000 1011110101 0010001 1010110111 11111010 1101110111 1010111 01110001 1011111 1010110101 110101 1011110101 10111000 1111110111 0010001 1110111111 10101011 10111001001 1010111 01110001 1011111 1111111101 110101 1011110101 10111000 10011110111 0010001 11011110111 11111011 1111101111 1010111 101110001 1011111 11111 10101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1565
- Average number of words per stanza: 284
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Bound For Sourabaya!;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.