This is an analysis of the poem Harvest Time that begins with:
When the cranky German waggon,
With its ten or fifteen bag on... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXXbcc XXabbacc XXdbbdcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 00110111 101010101010111 10101010 10101010 101010101010001 1110101101101 1010101101 11101010 11101010 001010100010101 10101011 11101011 101011101011101 1110001101101 1010101101 1010101 00101010 001010100010111 11101110 11111010 101111101010101 1010101101101 1010101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 355
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; along, slide, heavin are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, sixty are repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines along, out, it are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word along at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Harvest Time;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.