This is an analysis of the poem On The Drive that begins with:
Oh, days whoop by with swingin' lope
And days slip by a-sleepin',...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXBbbX cdcdeeed fgfghhhg bXbXiiiX jgjgBbbg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 1111010 11110101 0101010 100110101 10011101 11011101 0101010 11110101 1101010 11011111 1101010 100010101 10010101 11111101 1111010 11010101 1111010 11111111 1111110 100010101 10011101 11111101 0101110 01110101 0111110 11011101 0111010 100011101 10011101 11110101 0111010 11010101 1101010 11011101 1111110 100110101 10011101 010100101 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; days, away, and, you, of, along, it's, to, us are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the, some are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines away, you, along, us are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Drive;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.