This is an analysis of the poem The Tied Maverick that begins with:
Lay on the iron! the tie holds fast
And my wild record closes....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaBaaaB cbcbdddb acaceeec eXefgggfXcfcfffff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100111 1110110 01000111 1111010 11110110 11110110 110100110 1111010 110010101 0101010 11110101 1111110 01111101 01110101 11111101 1101010 11111111 11001110 11100111 1101010 01011111 01111111 11111111 1011010 11011100 0101110 11010111 1101010 11011111 11111111 11111111 1101110 110101101 1101110 11010101 0111010 11011100 11110100 110100100 1110010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 263
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, for, to, us, and, me, as, mine, from, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, or are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it, us, me, mine, her are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Tied Maverick;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.