This is an analysis of the poem The Bad Lands that begins with:
No fresh green things in the Bad Lands bide;
It is all stark red and gray,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdeed fbfbdgddg Xhdhcijji kckcbciic lhlhXdeed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100111 0011111 110111111 1011101 1011100111 10110101 1001101101 010011101 0100100 0101110101 11110111 001010101 0100101 011110111 00110111 001110101 101010101 10100101 101111011 1010101 010110101 1010111 11100111 0111101 111010111 001011111 0100101 101110111 1001111 1011100101 1010101 110110101 1000111 11100100101 10100111101 10101001 1010110111 1110111 111110111 10110101 110110111 1100111 111100101 0011110111 0100100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 343
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, as are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bad Lands;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.