This is an analysis of the poem Books that begins with:
Oh! Bury me in books when I am dead,
Fair quarto leaves of ivory and gold, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbcdcdcededaaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101011111 1101010011 1110010111 1101110001 1101001101 1001100101 11010010001 0111010101 1111010101 1111000101 1101011101 1011001101 1110010001 1111001111 1101110101 01110010101 1101011111 0111110111 1111110111 0111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 882
- Average number of words per stanza: 166
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, nor are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Books;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.