This is an analysis of the poem Memory that begins with:
Late, late last night, when the whole world slept,
Along to the garden of dreams I crept....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccccddXXeeffgghXgghX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111110111 0100100111 1110101111 10111101011 110111111 1010101111011 111101101 101111101 111101101 1100100101 0010110101 11111001011 111111111 11110100101 111111101 1011111011 111001101 11101100001 1111101101 11011001010 111111111 1111111101 111101101 1111010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1049
- Average number of words per stanza: 211
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, with, my, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Memory;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.