This is an analysis of the poem Love Sonnet X that begins with:
And then came Science with her torch red-lit
And cosmic marvels round her glowing head—...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaabba cdbcdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111000111 1101010101 0101010100 1001100101 1100010101 1101010101 1111001101 0111001101 1111111001 1111111101 1111010101 1101011101 0101010111 1101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 298
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Sonnet X;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.