This is an analysis of the poem End Of A Day that begins with:
In the long evening of April through the cool light
Bayle's two sheep dogs sail down the lane like magpies...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXbacacadXXdXdabbXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001100101011 101111101111 10101001101101 010011011010 1011010110101 11010100110110 11011111101111 11010101100110 11110010101 1011010111010 10011111010110 1110010011111010 1010101001010 110110101111 010111110011010 0100111110010 010100111001 1111110110101 0011101110111010 11001010111010 111101001011000 001101100010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1277
- Average number of words per stanza: 228
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of End Of A Day;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.