This is an analysis of the poem Vehicles that begins with:
This is a place on the way after the distances
can no longer be kept straight here in this dark corner...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbaacbXdaXaXXbacdXbaXdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0001101100100 1110011100110 001010110101 1001001001010 11111101000010 101111110011 0011101110011 011111101101 011100111110 0010011111111 011010111010 111101101001 111100100011 011001011010 011011100101 01111111111011 0111101110101 11011010111 1010010110110 111100010011 010111010111 100001011101 1000101001101 1101110111011 010010011011011 1110100111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1416
- Average number of words per stanza: 254
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, as are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vehicles;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.