This is an analysis of the poem The Speed Of Light that begins with:
So gradual in those summers was the going
of the age it seemed that the long days setting out...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcadXeXfagXchiXiXdfahigbaeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001101010 001011011101 101101001001 101101011011101 10001001110110 100000111001 0111110101111 101111111001101 1111100111010 1011111010101 100101111100 110001101010 0010101100010 100011010010 0001110110011 1011101010101 011010010010 111101101101 10111001000101 1010101110100 101101111011 01001001101010 1101111011111 0110101011010 1010111110110 0101110101011 10010111111010 0101111011001 11011011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1574
- Average number of words per stanza: 297
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, we are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Speed Of Light;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.