This is an analysis of the poem There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood that begins with:
There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel’s veins;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAaA bBbB XCcC bBbB dDdD bbee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010101101001 11010111111101 111101111101 11010111111101 01010101110001 11111111111101 111101111101 11111111111101 110111011101010 110100101010111 010111010111 110100101010111 11111101110101 01011011110111 110111110111 01011011110111 100101011111001 101101001110001 110001110001 101101001110001 11011101010110 11011101010111 111111001111001 01010101110111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; stains, guilty, their, all, lose, away, sins, my, washed, more, no, sin, to, saved, be, i, die, till, and, in, grave, silent, lies, for are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines stains, away, more, die, grave are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.