This is an analysis of the poem Prayer For Children that begins with:
Gracious Lord, our children see,
By Thy mercy we are free; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccXX ccccddee ffddeeaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 1110111 1110101 0110101 1011101 1010001 11100110 10101010 1010001 1010101 1010101 1011001 1110111 1010111 1110111 1010111 1110111 1010101 1010101 1010001 1110101 1010111 10100101 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prayer For Children;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.