This is an analysis of the poem The Christian that begins with:
Honor and happiness unite
To make the Christian's name a praise; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bbbc dcdc bebe fgfgXabab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110011 01010101 11011101 11010001 01010011 11010101 10000111 01110101 01010011 01010101 0100001001 01110011 010010101 11010101 01010101 0010001001 01010101 01010101 11111101 01000101 110100101 10011111 10010101 11110001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Christian;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.