This is an analysis of the poem Ode To Simplicity that begins with:
O thou, by Nature taught
To breathe her genuine thought... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccb aadccd eeeffe ggacca hhiXhi jjckkc XXkkkk lldmmd nndccd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 0101001 0101011101 111101 0101001 11110010101 110101 100101 1111011101 110101 010101 1110010111 1101001 110101 1101110101 1011001 010101 1101100101 111001 110101 0101011101 1110001 110101 1101011101 110101 010101 1101110101 011101 110101 1111011101 111101 1101001 11011101001 110101 010101 1111110101 110111 010111 11010100101 111101 110111 1111010101 111101 010111 1011110101 111101 111111 1101110101 011101 011101 1101011101 111111 011101 1111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, by, her, thou are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word by is repeated.
The author used the same word by at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode To Simplicity;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.