This is an analysis of the poem Ode Written In The Beginning Of The Year 1746 that begins with:
How sleep the brave, who sink to rest,
By all their country's wishes blest!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbbccddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 11110101 101010101 01011101 11110101 11011101 11011101 11011101 11010101 01011111 11010101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 435
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode Written In The Beginning Of The Year 1746;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Collins
- Analysis of The Manners - An O D E
- Analysis of The Passions. An Ode To Music
- Analysis of Eclogue The Third Abra