This is an analysis of the poem The Show that begins with:
My soul looked down from a vague height with Death,
As unremembering how I rose or why,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXX bcdc ed ed dX fdf dg gg gbXgcbgc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,2,2,2,3,2,2,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1111001101 11000011111 1101110101 1101010101 1100111101 01011100110 11110101011 0111010011 010111011001 1011010111 11001110101 0111111101 1101011101 1111011100 1101111100 110011000111 110110101001 11001101110 1101010101 101011101010 11110111110 11110011110 1001011111 11110101010 11101101001 1110010011111 01000111110 1101010101 1011010011
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, and, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Show;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.