This is an analysis of the poem The Broncho That Would Not Be Broken that begins with:
A little colt — broncho, loaned to the farm
To be broken in time without fury or harm,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabbcdB eeeXbcdB ffXbbcdB dddbbcdB gggbbcXB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101101001 001001011011 1111111001 10100000010010 010110010010 01001111001 110010011010 110111010010 1010010011110 111010010010 010111010110 1111100101100 01010100110 11110101001 011010110110 110111010010 011011010011 0100101001 1010111011010 11011110010 101101011010 110110001111 1111010111110 110111010010 100011101001 111011011101 01111111111 111010110110 110010011110 101101101101 1010111110110 110111010010 01110111011 01111101101 01101001101 111111111010 1010011010010 1011001101 1111010111100 110111010010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 414
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, your are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, you, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word dancing at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Broncho That Would Not Be Broken;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.