This is an analysis of the poem Special Problems in Vocabulary that begins with:
There is no single particular noun
for the way a friendship,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abac Xdae XXfc ffXX afga Xecb aXh hgX dcfXhca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1011011001 101010 110111 111100101 11110100 1001 11001010 0101010 1110011 1001 00100100 111101001 10101001011 101001 011100010 101001 001011 1100001011 111011 10101011 11001100010111 011111010 0101111 1111001 10011111010 101011101010 0111 10111 100100 0111001 111101110 11001 010010010 1111 10101 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Special Problems in Vocabulary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.