This is an analysis of the poem Please Don't that begins with:
tell the flowers—they think
the sun loves them....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaab Xcdc efcc dXfb Xbgc hiehX biiX Xhd igXbXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,5,4,3,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011 0110 0101001 1010010 01010101 11011 0110 1101001 11010 011010100001 1010 010101010 1010 1000101001 11001 111 110010 10001000010 010101 100101 10101010 0110111 110 0100010 01000101 110101 100110 0011101001 11010 11100 10100110 10101110 010100100 111100 1111 1111001 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Please Don't;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.