This is an analysis of the poem I Have News For You that begins with:
There are people who do not see a broken playground swing
as a symbol of ruined childhood...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX ab XX cc bc cX XX de cdafa cX efXdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,5,2,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101111010111 101001011 11110110100010 0010001110101001001111 11101111110101 110111010000 1111100111100100 1110101110101011010 111110101 100010101001001 101010111 100111011110101 11010001111101 01000100010010000100 11111010101 1111001111 11111011111000101 10100111 111110 10111 100010011010 110001110101 0110101111100 11111 111011100101101 110010010110 11010110110110
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 111
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Have News For You;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.