This is an analysis of the poem The Change that begins with:
The season turned like the page of a glossy fashion magazine.
In the park the daffodils came up ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc d de fd cXde gfaa ahaX ffXibXj XhX aka ejXkh lf Xd kcl kf gjhXi c afXcjc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,1,2,2,4,4,4,7,3,3,5,2,2,3,2,5,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101101001010101 001010111 100101011100101 01111101010 01110101010 101101111010 101001011111 10111 111010101 1001111101010 100111110101 1010111001010 10110101 11101010101 1101 110010111 1001001101 1010111111 111001 011101 111010101 1001010101 11 110110 01101111 0111101111 0011111 101011111 111 1100000 1001111100010101010 1101101 111010101010 11101100 10111 11101 111111 110101 1111111101100 11110101101 0101101010 011110101 1111110010 11010 110111010 11110111 1001010011001 101011 1011101 01010101 1100010001001 101101110 10110110101 1010010100100111 101 111101011001 0111 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 19
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 58
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her, to, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, you, in, then are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase i connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Change;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.