This is an analysis of the poem Kongen Bød that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXaabXXbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10 1 100 11 110 1 1011 1 1101 11 1110 1011 1010 100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 10 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 2
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kongen Bød;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Thaarup
- Analysis of Lad Aaret Komme, Aaret Gaae
- Analysis of Mildt, Som Aftenstjernen, Smile
- Analysis of Romance