This is an analysis of the poem Romance that begins with:
Nys fyldte skjøn Sired det attende Aar,
Var roelig i Vinter og munter i Vaar,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX aXXX Xbaa XXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101101 11011011011 111101101 1111011 0111101111 111111101 01111111 1101101101 111010111 1101111111 1101101011 1111111 110111011 010111101 1101101111 10011001 11011011010 111101111 111111111 1111001111 1101111001 11011011011 11011111001 110111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, hun, saa, som, de are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines d is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Romance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Thaarup
- Analysis of Samles Her Til Milde Glæder
- Analysis of Vil Du Den Sande Lykke Finde
- Analysis of Vær Du Vort Samfunds Skytsgudinde