This is an analysis of the poem Mildt, Som Aftenstjernen, Smile that begins with:
Mildt, som Aftenstjernen, smile
sande Glæder til os ned!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XaXaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110001 11111 01101 11101 111101 110100 111010 11101 101110 1100100 1010111 111110 1110010 1010111 010101 1110111 110011 1001011 101101 111101 0111010 11111 1101010 11100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mildt, Som Aftenstjernen, Smile;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Thaarup
- Analysis of Romance
- Analysis of Samles Her Til Milde Glæder
- Analysis of Vil Du Den Sande Lykke Finde