This is an analysis of the poem Let Erin Remember The Days Of Old that begins with:
Let Erin remember the days of old,
Ere her faithless sons betray'd her; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abababab cdcdebeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100100101 10101010 1100101001 111001010 1010100101 10111010 10100100101 110010010 1111101011 101110010 1101100101 00101110 11100100101 1010011110 110110101 1011010110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 325
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Let Erin Remember The Days Of Old;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Moore
- Analysis of As Vanquish'D Erin
- Analysis of Farewell! -- But Whenever You Welcome The Hour
- Analysis of While Gazing On The Moon's Light