This is an analysis of the poem As Vanquish'D Erin that begins with:
As vanquish'd Erin wept beside
The Boyne's ill-fated river, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXcX dbdbeded fbfbXbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 01011010 11110001 1101010 1101111001 1101111 11010101 11110110 11010101 1111110 11010101 1100110 11010001 0101010 11010111 11010010 01101111 10101110 10010101 1101010 10001110010 1101110 11010111 010101000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 290
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of As Vanquish'D Erin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Moore
- Analysis of Farewell! -- But Whenever You Welcome The Hour
- Analysis of While Gazing On The Moon's Light
- Analysis of Oh, The Shamrock