This is an analysis of the poem Farewell! -- But Whenever You Welcome The Hour that begins with:
Farewell! but whenever you welcome the hour
That awakens the night-song of mirth in your bower, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccbb ddeeffgX hhggiijj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010110010 1010011010110 11001111001 101011001001 01101101101 001111001101 111001011011 0010011110001 11111011011 001011011111 100111001011 11101100111 11011011111 1010110110011 11001111011 11111010110100 11101111001 11001111001 11001101011 11101011101 11011011001 101011011001 111111001010 101001001101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 421
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, of, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Farewell! -- But Whenever You Welcome The Hour;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.