This is an analysis of the poem Ballade Des Pendus that begins with:
Where wide the forest bows are spread,
Where Flora wakes with sylph and fay,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcbD ababbcbD ababbcbD XXbcbD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010111 11010111 11110011 11000101 01010101 11011111 11110101 001100101 11011101 01111111 01011101 110011101 010100001 110100111 111100101 001100101 1111110 01011101 11001101 11011101 01110101 001101011 01111111 001100101 10 11110001 01010101 01001111 001100101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballade Des Pendus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.