This is an analysis of the poem Carmen that begins with:
Camille, en dénouant sur votre col de lait
Vos cheveux radieux plus beaux que ceux d'Hélène,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XaXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011111101 1101011111 10111010100 110001111001 101110110 1111010110 11011011100 110101100 101010011101 10111101000 11110110011 101101111100 111011111010 101100111111 1011111010 11100111101 11111111111 1010101110 11101010101 10101101110 11111111100 01111001110 1011110110 1101111110 11110011010 11001011010 11001101111 011001110 11101010110 110011101100 0111010110 1110011100
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, des, les, et, aux are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word et is repeated.
The author used the same word tandis at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Carmen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.