This is an analysis of the poem Ballade On The Mysterious Hosts Of The Forest that begins with:
Still sing the mocking fairies, as of old,
Beneath the shade of thorn and holly-tree;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcddbdB ababcXdbdB abacbddbdB XXddbdB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 0101011101 0111010111 1111010101 0101100100 1101010101 1101110101 1101010101 1101011111 1101110101 0101101101 0111010101 1101001101 1011010110 0111010100 1111110110 0101010111 0111110101 0111010111 1101110101 1101010101 1101000111 1001000101 1001010100 1101110101 1101110101 0111010101 1111010111 1101010101 1101110101 10 1111010101 0111010101 0101011101 1001010101 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 314
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word she is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word way at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballade On The Mysterious Hosts Of The Forest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.