This is an analysis of the poem To A Mistress Dying that begins with:
Lover. YOUR beauty, ripe and calm and fresh
As eastern summers are, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccc bdbd efef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1011011111 110101 11010111 110111 010011110101 11100111 11010001 11011101 1010111101 110010111 01110001 11110101 010011110101 110111 11001101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Mistress Dying;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.