This is an analysis of the poem Praise And Prayer that begins with:
PRAISE is devotion fit for mighty minds,
The diff'ring world's agreeing sacrifice; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaa XbXb cdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001011101 1101010101 11001010101 11010010101 11010011000 1111100101 11110010100 1111110111 1100110101 11010111010 0111011111 11010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Praise And Prayer;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.