This is an analysis of the poem The Coquet that begins with:
TIS, in good truth, a most wonderful thing
(I am even ashamed to relate it) ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gfgf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001011001 1110010010 1111010011 111101010 1100111011 110111010 1110101011 011111010 1100111001 100111110 1100111111 1111010010 1101110001 101001110 01111011101 101011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Coquet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.