This is an analysis of the poem My Consolation that begins with:
'Nay; I don't need a hearing aid'
I told Mama-in-law;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
- Rhyme scheme:
- Stanza lengths (in strings):
- Closest metre:
- Сlosest rhyme:
- Сlosest stanza type:
- Guessed form:
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 259
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, my are repeated.
- summary of My Consolation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!