This is an analysis of the poem Patches that begins with:
Mother focused with a frown
The part of me where I sit down....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXbccXXX ddeee XXffaaXeeffff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,5,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010001 01011111 111011101 111101110 11100101 11000101 11110111 010110011 1111110100 11100010100 11110101 01011101 11011111 01010011 0101100101 110110110 111101010 11110101 01111011 10111001 11000111 01110110 11010111 11110101 11010101 110111010 010101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 245
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Patches;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.