This is an analysis of the poem Low In The Grave He Lay that begins with:
Low in the grave He lay, Jesus my Savior,
Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abCCDDCC ab CCDDc abXCCDDCC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,2,5,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011110110 1001011011 1001101 0010101001 10101000101 11101000101 101101 1010101 10110110110 1011011011 1001101 0010101001 10101000101 11101000101 1011011010101 11010110110 1101011011 1001101 0010101001 10101000101 11101000101 101101 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, arose are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word vainly is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines arose is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Low In The Grave He Lay;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.