This is an analysis of the poem Beautiful River that begins with:
And he showed me a pure River of Water of Life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the Throne of God and of the Lamb." -- Rev. xxii. 1
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abab c AAAB adad AAAB aeaf AAAB aeaf AAAB acaf AAAB acafXAAAB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,1,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011001001111001010010110010111 11101010 1110111 00101010 1010101 10 11101010 0100010010 100011010 1110101 10100010 1010101 10111010 1010101 11101010 0100010010 100011010 1110101 10100010 1010111 11111010 10100011 11101010 0100010010 100011010 1110101 11101010 11100101 11100010 10101111 11101010 0100010010 100011010 1110101 10100010 10000101 11101010 11101011 11101010 0100010010 100011010 1110101 11101010 1110001 11101010 00100011 11101010 0100010010 100011010 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 51
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, river are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word soon is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines river is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Beautiful River;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.