This is an analysis of the poem August that begins with:
In drooping leaves of the plane
Hangs blue the early heat;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cdXd efcf bgcgXefef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101001 110101 1001001 110101 11001010 1010010010 101111011 1001010 1101011 1111001 0110111 10111001 1011011 1010100 101101110 0100111 0111001 1110101 00101010 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of August;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.