This is an analysis of the poem Autumn Song that begins with:
All is wild with change,
Large the yellow leaves... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbccdeAXbdeeddA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10101 10101 11111 11111 101010 100001 10101 10111 111110 11111 11101 111010 100110 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.