This is an analysis of the poem The Cow In Apple-Time that begins with:
Something inspires the only cow of late
To make no more of a wall than an open gate,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXaabbccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001010101 011100111101 1111011011 01010010111 0101010101 11010100001 11010111110 01110101110 1101011101 1101010101 0101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 484
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word she is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cow In Apple-Time;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.