This is an analysis of the poem Not To Keep that begins with:
They sent him back to her. The letter came
Saying... And she could have him. And before...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXXXXdcXXeX XXbdaXecdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111000101 1011111101 1101111101 100101011001 1011110001 1111110101 1101010001 01110111 101010111101 11111111010 111110111 11011001001 1101101010 1000 1101010111 1001101101 1100111101 11100110001 1100110101 1111111001 11001101010 1001110101 111011001101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 491
- Average number of words per stanza: 97
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and, she, had, all are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Not To Keep;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.