This is an analysis of the poem Rose Pogonias that begins with:
A saturated meadow,
Sun-shaped and jewel-small,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabacded feXXcgbgXgdfdcege
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011 111101 0101010 1010101 1101010 10111001 00101010 010001 11110010 1011100 0111110 010100 1101110 1100101 1101010 110101 110101 011101 10010010 111001 1011110 0111010 1111011 1101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rose Pogonias;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.