This is an analysis of the poem Shifting Camp that begins with:
Glint of gumtrees in the dawn,
so million coloured: bush wind-borne ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb bbcc ddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010001 11010111 11101010 110001010 10001010 010001010 10110111 01011101 1001101 00011101 010100101 101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, crack are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Shifting Camp;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.